- Client: Main Roads
- Contract value: $4m
South Coast Highway links the City of Albany and the town of Esperance, providing an important freight transport corridor servicing the ports of Albany and Esperance. It is a major east-west inter-regional route that connects Ravensthorpe, Boxwood Hill, Jerramungup and Esperance through to Albany.
Main Roads engaged Monford to deliver road widening works for an 11.5-kilometre section from Bates Road to Telegraph Road.
Scope of work
- Pavement widening to 11 metres
- Pavement reconstruction of an 11-metre seal as per design
- Topsoil stripping and disposal at designated location
- Earthworks – as per drawings to achieve the design standard (pavement, batters, table and offshoot drains)
- Sign relocation
- Removal and reinstatement of guide posts, culvert posts and pegs
- Provision of labour, plant, ancillary means / resources and materials necessary to complete the project
- Project management and supervision of the works
- Traffic management
- Special requirement – consideration of the registered Aboriginal Heritage site is within the project footprint