- Client: PJ Hegarty & Sons
- Contract Value: €180,000
MSD Carlow is a state-of-the-art, 200,000 sq ft biologics operation facility. Monford were contracted to undertake works on Project Igloo, which is an extension to the freezer warehouse facility at MSD.
The new warehouse consists of two freezer rooms housed with the new warehouse building, which is constructed of structural steel frame built on piled pad foundations.
PM Group acted as Project Manager on behalf of MSD, with PJ Hegarty appointed as Main Contractors by PM Group.
Scope of Work
- Trimming piles
- Excavation for foundations
- Steel reinforcement to foundations
- Blinding & concrete to foundations
- Preparation for ground floor slab
- Installation of underslab drainage & ducting
- Level & compact underslab build-up
- Blinding to underside of ground floor slab
- Formwork, joints and concrete to ground floor slab
- Excavation for & formwork, reinforcement and concrete to retaining walls
- Powerfloat finish to warehouse floor slab
- Excavation for & installation of mains underground services ducts
- Excavation for & installation of underground drainage
- Excavation for & preparation for miscellaneous site concrete slabs
- Formwork, reinforcement and concrete to miscellaneous site slabs
- Site works, including road formation, kerbs, footpaths and installation on grasscrete fire road
- Preparation for and topsoiling to landscaped area